Fully-developed, effective, and relatable are 3 criteria that SU’s Sunday School materials aim for.
Christians – A Marvelous Identity is the third Sunday School curriculum SU has put together. The material is aimed at children 7 – 14 and the length of study is for 1 year.
These materials help teach 10 images the Bible uses to describe Christians – those who believe in Jesus. The 10 images are as follows:
- A NEW CREATIO
- THE BRANCH
- MEMBERS OF THE BODY
- THE CLAY POT
- SALT AND LIGHT
- A TEMPLE
- AMBASSADORS OF PEACE
- GOD’S HANDIWORK
The teachers kit includes:
- The Knowledge Corner: topical questions with answers to help encourage the students’ curiosity to read and learn more about each month’s topic.
- Games: These include the necessary parts and instructions for each game, along with some suggested questions you can use to lead students to the main theme.
- Teacher aids: 10 topics will be taught over the year’s course, so there are 10 sets of teacher aids included to help make it easier for teachers to communicate the truths of each topic.
- Set of 11 songs: Contains 10 songs to help illustrate the truths being taught along with a song for the theme of the whole curriculum. The set includes the sheet music, audio, and dance videos.
- Vlogs for 10 images: 10 videos made by children, each explaining 1 image, its meaning, and its corresponding spiritual lesson the Bible wants to impart.
- Teachers book: Includes the aim of each lesson, topic reflections, instructions for how to set up the games, sections for teacher research, singing and dancing, and crafts. Most importantly, it includes the lesson’s message you are meant to teach.
What about the student kit? What do they get for SU’s one year program?
- Arts and crafts: Includes 10 of either crafts or instructions for small projects that they will do together after every lesson.
- Uniform: It’s clear that uniforms help children feel like they are part of a team, and it will make it easier for them to share about the topics they learn with the Church and with others who are interested.
- Backpack: This is meant to be used only for things related to the Sunday School program. It helps make the class look coordinated and colorful.
- Set of pre-lesson interview questions and activities: They can use these to learn more about the topic. These days in school our children are learning through interaction and observation. To improve their ability to study and observe independently, before each lesson they will be required to do some research before diving into the topic. This is done by watching a video or interviewing others and answering questions to complete a survey.
- Student book: Included are 3 homework assignments, 2 Bible lessons to reflect on by themselves or with their parents, sheet music with lyrics, 1 project for their family to complete together, a section on Christian vocab, and 1 story about faith.
SU Vietnam wishes that all Churches, teachers, and parents will be strengthened and encouraged so they can then pour out that strength for the next generation through the resources that our team at SU has worked hard to put together. We hope these resources will be beneficial and valuable for this work.
Take a look at this video introducing the curriculum:
This video shows some of the songs for this year’s program: